Mayne products are designed to last in all types of weather conditions - they can even be left outside during the winter months. Just be sure that your planters are draining properly and remove as much water from them as possible but tilting them slightly towards the overflow drain hole.
If you do decide to bring them in, here are some Winter Storage tips:
- Remove all plants, flowers, and soil from the patio planters or window boxes.
- Remove window boxes from their brackets by angling the bottom portion toward you while pulling them out.
- For best results, clean your planters and window boxes by spraying them with a high-pressure washer.
- Remove as much water as possible by turning the planter or window box over and shifting it from side to side. Note: It will be nearly impossible to remove all of the water from the reservoir.
- Tall planters can be emptied completely by removing the insert tray and dumping the water out.
Note: If you have difficulty removing the tray, we have some tips and tricks that may help.
Mayne Patio Planters can be stored outdoors or in your garage or shed without worry. Even with some water left in the reservoir, there is no risk of cracking as our double-walled design will allow room for the water to expand when freezing.
Don’t let the cold and snow deter you from using your Mayne planters! Try dressing them up with some greenery or holiday ornaments to add some color to your home and garden during the winter months!